Kids love smartphones, tablets, and laptops as much as we do. We live in a revolutionized time where the digital world is inseparable from our daily pursuits, but are electronic gadgets drifting your kids away from quality family time? Online schooling is an excellent choice for strengthening the connection with children in the digital age.
As primary caregivers, parents play a vital role in the development and growth of their children. To continue sharing a healthy bond with your tech-savvy children in a tech-driven world, understand the significance and the various ways online schooling could assist you. Here are a few benefits:
- Sharing learning experiences: One of the most significant benefits of online schools is the privilege of attending classes in a safe and comfortable environment; for many kids, such an environment is home, where parents can monitor lessons and stay around while they learn, enabling them to ask questions and discuss concepts in real-time with parents, rather than in traditional schools where students would have to wait to get home to clarify doubts; some may even forget the question at times. It is a great way to contribute to the learning experience of children.
- Communication with teachers: Parents can keep track of the concepts taught and get to know the tutors through virtual classrooms. You can actively participate in your kid’s lessons and encourage them to develop critical thinking through teacher-parent-student discussions. Parents can organize meetings and often review their children’s educational achievements, assisting their academic growth.
- More time together: With less time spent driving to and from school, parents have more time at home with their children. Children can enjoy freshly made food during breakfast and lunch with the entire family. With increased space for after-school activities, homeschooling allows you better understand your child’s interests, abilities, and personal aspirations, resulting in a deeper bond.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities: The flexibility of online learning allows students to actively participate in extracurricular activities without the exhaustion of having to spend 8 hours in school. Parents can look up extracurricular activities for kids and collaborate with their kids to encourage students to pursue hobbies and even to understand what excites them; such activities can also be stress-relieving for adults and help develop a strong familial bond.
- Collaborating on projects: Typically, parents find it confusing to grasp project details from students as they do not understand the specifications; however, with online learning, parents can monitor the curriculum of their kids and provide them with adequate help. The family can work together on assignments, research projects, DIYs, and more. It can be a fun and productive way to spend quality time, while helping children develop creative and problem-solving skills.
In conclusion, online schooling provides a unique opportunity for parents to stay connected with their children while ensuring a superior quality of education. Parents can show support by being involved in their kid’s path to academic success from an early age. If you are considering an online school for kids, now is the right time to take advantage of the innovative opportunity at GoSchool, where students can experience the comfort of studying at home and develop a strong relationship with their parents through online learning while also enjoying the enriching experience of learning at a traditional school. With our Hy-Flex model, we aim to deliver a balanced education system to progressive learners. Our Pearson Edexcel-affiliated programs provide curriculums that cater to academic and personal goals of the students, so your children can utilize and learn from worldwide resources delivered by international tutors. Join us today to build a brighter future for your kids through online schooling.