Online schooling has been around for longer than we know; the recent pandemic, however, brought to spotlight its significance globally. In this blog, let’s explore how online homeschooling is reinventing education for new-age learners.
What is online homeschooling?
As the name suggests, an online homeschooling is a form of schooling where the primary mode of delivering education is online, using digital resources and classes to provide students with a virtual classroom. Children can study from the comfort of their own homes with one-on-one assistance to achieve personalized academic goals.
Comparison with traditional schooling
The ‘one-size-fits-all’ standard school setting confines future artists, doctors, engineers, athletes, etc., into one curriculum built in traditional schools. Students have unique interests, goals, and intellectual abilities that require learning methods that suit them the best, and this can be made possible through online homeschooling. Online education has become a feasible alternative to traditional schooling lately; read on to understand why.
Advantages of Online Schooling:
- Flexibility: Online schooling enables students to learn at their own pace and at times that best suit them. Classes can be scheduled based on availability, which could be ideal for busy families. An added benefit would be the ability to record lessons for reference, which is difficult in traditional schooling.
- Accessibility: Online schooling provides a platform accessible from anywhere, eliminating geographical and physical barriers. Students who live in remote areas and families that relocate frequently can easily access good-quality education. It is an ideal mode of education for students with disabilities as they can attend classes comfortably without the hassle of commuting or facing discrimination.
- Individualized learning experience: Online schooling helps cater to students who prefer a personalized curriculum and style of teaching that caters to their individual goals, requirements, cognitive abilities, etc. Students receive one-on-one attention and feedback from their teachers, who closely track their progress and allow them to learn at their own pace in an ideal environment.
- Enhanced technological skills: Online education equips students with fundamental abilities that are becoming increasingly important in the digital era. Homeschooling offered by GoSchool, for instance, is a tech-driven and human-centric experience for progressive academics through individual assignments, interactive presentations, pre-recorded classes, quizzes, group projects, live virtual classes, etc., utilizing an assortment of educational digital tools and resources.
- Cost-effective: In a virtual setting, parents do not have to bear the cost of infrastructure maintenance and transportation; additionally, paper usage is lower, promoting sustainability and contributing to a lower tuition fee and a futuristic approach in the education industry.
The future of online education
Digital learning is taking over the education industry and is here to stay. In the recent past, the practicality of online education has accelerated its growth and is widely accepted by educational institutions and adopted by many families, making the future of online education undoubtedly bright. With accessibility to more students, flexibility in learning, and exposure to timeless online learning resources, online education is revolutionizing the future of education. It caters to the evolving educational needs of students from everywhere, presenting limitless opportunities for making learning more accessible, individualized, and successful.
With numerous advantages over traditional schooling, online homeschooling has become the new transformative approach in the ever-evolving educational system.
Of course, we understand that traditional schooling comes with certain benefits. In a traditional school setting, students have the opportunity to engage with their peers and teachers in person, building meaningful relationships and developing social skills that will serve them well throughout their lives. Through group projects, class discussions, and extracurricular activities, students are able to learn from each other and develop important social and emotional competencies, such as teamwork, empathy, and leadership. The traditional school environment also provides a sense of community and belonging that is essential for students’ academic and personal success.
And hence, at GoSchool, a hybrid hyflex highschool, we try to combine the best of both worlds. Through hightech LMS, we offer the flexibility of online education and through our high-touch approach to education we give students the opportunity to engage and mingle with other students, through planned meets, student clubs, extracurricular activities.
GoSchool, we help nurture young minds to thrive in a tech-driven world and prepare them for excellence with personalized learning experiences tailored to their needs, goals, interests, and cognitive abilities, steering them onto the path of success in a highly competitive world.As a Pearson Edexcel-affiliated school, we ensure that our students receive the best quality education from expert teachers using the most up-to-date curriculum and materials to inspire innovation, problem-solving, and critical thinking. We offer a career-focused Hy-flex school model to foster a holistic blend between online and traditional schooling catering to the needs of all students. Join us today to know what it’s like to study at GoSchool, with unique learning experiences for extraordinary minds.